Grill Noise

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Grill Noise
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:12:01 -0400
Yep- Found a new noise. For months I've thought the high pitch squeal/rattle
was a bad alternator bearing- had the same characteristics... Only at idle,
went away under power, etc. Well, while warming the car up to do some operating
temp adjustments, I heard the noise from a different perspective- that of right
next to the open bonnet, and thought about where it was coming from. Reached
down, and discovered it is the nice little Herald grille! All tight, etc, but
making that rattle- went away when I put my hand on it. Now to make some rubber
mounts for vibration reduction.

Scott