Re: TRF WPS Free Shipping extended

To: dncullig@us.ibm.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF WPS Free Shipping extended
From: Percybal@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:10:21 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/2003 1:42:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dncullig@us.ibm.com writes:

> Carl wrote :
> >I received my copy just this past Saturday.
>
> Carl -
>    Count your blessings - I havn't even seen the
> catalogue yet (and I live less than 8 hours from
> Armagh).
>    Look at it this way, we're saving beaucoup $$$$
> by NOT having access to the catalogue. And the part
> that you absolutely HAVE to have is probably on B/O.
>
> Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 - CF57948U - TR6IUMPH

Boys and Girls,
Before this turns into a TRF bashing event, I thought I
would come out of lurk mode to relate an event that
recently took place.

The other week, I received a postcard from TRF indicating
a backorder had arrived and requesting a call to confirm I
still wanted the item.

I was a bit surprised, as I normally won't backorder anything
with TRF. I telephoned the order desk and was informed by
a staff member that I did have a backorder on a part I had
requested back in 1996-1997.  For the curious, the
item was a key blank. You all know the one....it has the
British Leyland swirl cast on it......the one that looks like
a certain part of human anatomy.

Of course, I was rather surprised they came across one, and
I asked what the price was. It was the same price as when it
was ordered back in 1996-97......It didn't take me long to
confirm the shipment....afterall I had already paid the shipping
charges, and the price had increased in 7 years by $10.00 or
so per unit.

It proves that TRF's backorder system isn't a bottomless pit,
and one does marvel at the quality of their record keeping.
Of course, I don't have any financial interest in TRF. 8-)

Best Regards,
Percy Ballentine