Contender for most travelled Triumph?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Contender for most travelled Triumph?
From: "Derek White" <derekw@sltnet.lk>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:01:07 +0500
Hi all,

I finally have some time to write about my epic journey in my '69 GT6 around
the US in '93-95. I covered approx. 70,000 miles (112,000km) and visited 44
states. I kept a diary for most of the trip and have over 1000 good images
(many of them with the car.)

While there are many Triumphs with many more miles than mine, are there any
in the US that are as well travelled? I don't intend to compete with the
Paris to Peking, London to Sydney crowd, but the in US, I may be a
contender.

I'm starting on a story with pics for a classic car mag and may expand it
into a Bill Bryson style travelogue. I'll put some pictures and words on the
web somewhere in the next few months and post the link to the list. I met so
many Triumph people on the trip, some of you may remember the metallic
blue/white two-tone (like a Healey) GT6+ with a Florida tag?

cheers, Derek

Derek White
37/2 Buller's Lane
Colombo 7