Re: one more oddity on the TR3B

To: fwildi@yahoo.com (francois wildi), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: one more oddity on the TR3B
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:29:36 -0400
In a message dated 4/23/2003 1:08:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, fwildi@yahoo.com
writes:

> ...there is a definitive way the tell the TR3B -at
> least my TR3B- from the mudane TR3A:
> It is a left-hand drive only TR3! There is no cutting in the bulkhead
> to install the pedal cluster on the Righ-hand side, and therefore, no
> blanking plate either.
>
> I am sure 99.99% of the people did not know. I am sure too that
> 99.98% do not care.

Francois, basically this is correct. But the lack of the "cutting in the
bulkhead...no blanking plate" is also true of the "new body tub" introduced at
TS60001 (also featuring the raised hood/trunk hinge mounts, "flat" rear floor,
etc.). So there are two distinct "flavors" of the TR3A: TS22014 and later; and
TS60001 and later. For the most part, TR3Bs closely resemble the TS60001 and
later cars.

--Andy Mace