Re: Title needed, 75 TR6..

To: Gerald Van Vlack <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Subject: Re: Title needed, 75 TR6..
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:54:41 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I had a similar problem on a motorcycle a few years ago.  I bought a '72
Suzuki dirt bike for my son at a swap meet.  There was no title with
it.  I want to establish clear title so I called the local sherrif's
office and ask them to check the numbers for me.  They did this
willingly and the bike was clean.

Of course there is some inherent risk to this tactic.  The risk of
loosing the vehicle because it was previously stolen is probably out
weighed by the risk of getting caught switching titles.  The fact is if
the car has been sitting for thirty years there are probably no records
of the theft anymore even if it was stolen.

        Regards,
        Tom