Re: Bonehead auto repair mishap

To: "George Richardson" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>, <Gbouff1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Bonehead auto repair mishap
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:51:28 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: "George Richardson" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>

> This is not an uncommon occurrence. It's the reason that we people who
> work around electricity as part of our jobs don't wear watches or rings.
>
> I've actually met a person who lost a finger when he completed a circuit
> with his ring.

There are number of ways to do that with a ring around machine shops.  There
is one particularly sickening thing you do to yourself with file, a lathe
and a watchband.

Mr. Mickelson, one of my electronics instructors back in the stone age, told
his new wife when he was a young man that he ought not wear a wedding ring.
She insisted, and he foolishly agreed.

Soon, he vaporized the ring.  He told his wife that the scar from the
third-degree burn around his finger was his permanent wedding ring.

I never wear my ring because rings drive me crazy.  So I don't have to worry
about that around machinery or power.

I do have a metal watchband, so I do remove it when I work.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com