Oil pressure

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil pressure
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 01:32:15 +0100
Gentlemen, your thoughts.
'Canley Girl' has manifested interesting (and disturbing) oil pressure
symptoms. When the engine was rebuilt, a new oil pump was fitted. When I
acquired her, for reasons that are now obscure, I bought and fitted a 30psi
oil pressure switch. The oil warnning light flickered on hot idle but as the
pressure gauge was registering 25psi - or thereabouts, it didn't concern me
too much.
It then seemed to be an idea to re-fit the original 6psi switch. We still get
the light flickering at a 25psi gauge reading. I'm inclining to the low cost
option of buying a new pressure switch but something in my water suggests this
may not be the remedy. What think you?

Jonmac.