Gauge repair

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gauge repair
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:57:20 EST
OK.  Following the advice of those who have been there and done it, I managed
to pry and twist the front bezels off two of my gauges.  And now I know why
it was so tough -- it looks like the material behind the bezel that fits to
the glass face (was this rubber at some point?) after 31+ years in the sun
has either crumbled to dust or has become rock hard and stuck.  Either way,
it's toast.

What's my best bet for replacing this -- I assume the bezel won't fit tight
against the glass unless some type of material is added.  I was thinking
about gasket material or maybe fashioning a seal out of clear silicone caulk.
 Any other thoughts?

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6