Spitfire running rich - fixed !!!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire running rich - fixed !!!
From: david@robertson.org.nz
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:15:44 +1200 6.0.1|February 07, 2003) at 26/03/2003 17:15:48, Serialize complete at 26/03/2003 17:15:48
New jets and needles arrived today. Jets looked about the same but the
plastic bit on the new ones is red (which I've been told is correct) while
the old ones were black.
Needles were way different. The new ones are AAN. The ones in the car were
AAK. They wouldn't have been more than half as thick as the AANs. No
wonder it was rich!
It's not 100% yet but it's hugely better to drive. I think a nice long run
to blow out some of the carbon buildup might be a good idea now...

Thanks to all.

Regards,
David Robertson

    1961 Thunderbird
    1978 Triumph 2500S
    1974 Triumph Spitfire

  <<< Life is too short to drive boring cars >>>

http://www.robertson.org.nz/David1.htm