Interior Panel Repair

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Interior Panel Repair
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:23:51 -0500 (EST)
I want to repair some original door panels on my TR4A.  The vinyl and piping
are in good shape but the hardboard panel is really warped making for a poor
fit.  Would 1/8" hardboard be the material of choice, or should I go with
something like marine plywood....which I thought one of the major suppliers of
replacement parts ued for their product.

If hardboard, would it be best to spray with a couple of coats of polyurethane
to seal it?  Also, what size staples are best for piping...the smallest I
recall seeing listed in catalogues in 1/4"...will they work, or is there
something smaller or  specialized for interior work.

Your thoughts

Thanks,

Mike Godley
65 TR4A