Re: #%$^@#!@# diff pinion seal!

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: #%$^@#!@# diff pinion seal!
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:11:11 -0000
Hi Darrel
Did you soak the new seal in oil for a few hours before installing it, this
is important for the leather seals to work properly. Apart from making it
more compliant so it fits the flange better, I think it also helps stop it
from burning through running dry on the outside, if it becomes burnt, it
will wear the contact area quicker.

Graham.