Re: TR6 problem

To: "Saddler60" <saddler60@rogers.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 problem
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:23:04 -0800
Hi Garth, congratulations on your new car and welcome to the list.  There
are others here more knowledgeable than I, but they have interesting things
to do on a Sat night so they may not be able to answer before tomorrow :-).
In the meantime, maybe I can get you started on a repair.

If the car was not driven for a long time, the clutch plate may be stuck to
the flywheel and won't disenagage. I've never had this problem so I can only
repeat what I read on the list. If I remember correctly, with plenty of
headroom in front of the car, start it with your foot on the clutch, in
gear.  The car will move forward, then hit the brakes hard and this will jar
the clutch free.

It may also be the clutch master or slave cylinder.  To tell if it's a stuck
cluth or the hydraulics, have someone operate the clutch while you are under
the car watching the clutch linkage.  If there is no movement, the problem
is probably hydraulics. In this case, you should rebuild or replace both the
slave and master cylinders.

Hope that helps,
Bob