post- Head replacement issues - non-LBC

To: "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: post- Head replacement issues - non-LBC
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:02:44 -0500
Hi all,

I realize my Audi doesn't fit in the lbc category but my question is car
related :-)

I just replaced the head on my Audi wagon because the original one was
leaking oil from an exaust valve stem and burning it off through the exaust.
So, when running, black smoke and all sorts of crap was coming out of the
tailpipe.  I have put the new head on and no more black smoke, but there it
still crap coming out, I am assuming this is the crap that built up in the
exaust system over time.  Short of replacing the exaust because I have do an
emmision test on her, does anyone have any ideas to clean out the system?
She is currently _not_ plated so a high sped trip down the highway is out of
the question.  High idle for a while?

Thanks
David Templeton
'59 Triumph TR3a