Re: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...
From: "Augustine, Scott (LNG-CSP)" <Scott.Augustine@lexisnexis.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:11:32 -0700
Well, its been about been about eight years since my TR3 has been on the
roads, so I don't remember any good misidentification stories.  I do
remember a quite attractive woman asking me if I was interested in selling
the car when I was lying along side/underneath it trying to un-jam the
starter in a Target parking lot!
My best misidentifications come from my '53 Morris Minor Conv., its
regularly identified as a Bug, once even as a Hebmueller.  But, the best one
was when it was identified a small Rolls Royce!
I'm finding more and more that being one kind of car person doesn't mean
anything for cars in general.  A lot people seem to have tunnel vision for
their one special thing.  A lot of newer Corvette owners in the Corvette
clubs I'm in identify my '61 as anywhere from a '53 to a '67.

As far as the Sunbeam thing goes, the builder of our new house asked the
other day what kind of refrigerator we wanted and I said "Nash-Kelvinator",
I just got a blank stare.

Scott Augustine
'59 TR3A, '53 Morris Minor, '61 Corvette
'65 & '70 Chevelles, '66 Amphicar.
ex VW thing and '55 Studebaker