GT6 fuel pump rebuild questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 fuel pump rebuild questions
From: "William Hooper" <rotoflex@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:21:13 +0000 FILETIME=[7E5CCBB0:01C2DB81]
I got a fuel pump rebuild kit for the GT6 AC fuel pump, but the kit came
with no instructions!

1. How are the valves withdrawn & replaced?

2. The kit came without the 2 required part nos. 508981, washer, oil
seal.

Are they fiber, or rubber? When I turned the diaphragm assembly to
withdraw it, it deteriorated slightly. As I twist the new one to get it
to lock onto the arm, it deteriorates even more. What are the specs of this
part?

3. How do you remove part no. 508980, retainer, oil seal to get at the
oil seals?