Re: T/R 3 instruments

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: T/R 3 instruments
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:11:39 -0500
I agree, it's a "grey" area.  On the screen washer, I've never seen an
"in-person" factory washer pump/knob ass'y, only aftermarket period Tudor
ones located in that same position.

Most have black knobs, although I've also seen white/off-white knobs with
black type. I know TeriAnn Wakeman has a good picture of the original knob,
like you described, in that correct position on her website.

When I purchase my car the DPO(x2?) had an early TR2 large rubber (floor
mounted) pump ( see TeriAnn's site) and mounted through the dash just left
of the heater switch. I eventually replaced it with a Tudor (between the
cubby and center panel) and installed a Lucas switch for driving lamps next
to the heater.

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green
80 Spitfire Carmine Red