FS: Standard Atlas - well nearly!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <triumph_vitesse@yahoogroups.com>, <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, <triumph_cars@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: FS: Standard Atlas - well nearly!
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:12:07 -0000 h1KMJCZs018656
Hi,
    I've just been told about a Leyland 20 Camper Van which is in urgent need
of a new home, the owner being about to lose his storage space. From what I've
been told it's a Martin Walter camper with fibreglass bodywork. I don't know
much about it's condition other than that it's complete but not roadworthy.
    To the uninitiated, the Leyland 20 is the ultimate deivative of the
original Standard Atlas, a commercial vehicle introduced by Standard-Triumph in
1958. While the original Atlas had the 948cc unit of the Standard 10 and
Herald, the Standard (later rebadged as Leyland) 20 was fitted with the 2138cc
wet liner engine found in the 4 cylinder TRs and Vanguards.
    I understand that the price is low, the owner being concerned to see the
vehicle saved rather than scrapped. It's located in Wiltshire (UK) and I can
pass on the owners details to anyone with an interest in saving this one. Just
think, this could be the only chance you'll get to own a Triumph built camper
van. Perfect for this year's Triumph events.......
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics