Sad, bad news......

To: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sad, bad news......
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:33:32 -0800
Hi guys.

I'm afraid I'm more than a little depressed right now. After two years of
rebuilding my TR3 I finally got to the point of rolling it out side to fire it
up. I'm sure you all know that feeling of dread vs excitement. Putting aside
the fact my gas tank leaks (thanks for all the replies with good ideas), I have
antifreeze AND oil coming out of the oil pressure line !!!! (Do not have the
gauge on).

PLEASE please PLEASE guys.. .I need some one to tell me that this is an easy
fix ! The thought of pulling that already rebuilt motor is more than I can bear
right now, not to mention the cost. Yes, the block and head were put through
the machine shop, crack tested, boiled etc. The block was built by a buddy who
is a master English car mechanic and I have 100% faith in him. He has never
failed me over the years.

The oil and the water have been in the car for about two weeks now, just
sitting there. I only had the car running for about 30 seconds total. The oil
in the pan "seems" to be okay via the dip stick, but may be too early to tell.
Do you have ANY idea of what could be wrong. Assuming (hoping) the water is
only getting in to where the oil pressure line ?Could this be possible, could I
be this lucky ?

Thanks, Pat