What SU's are these?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: What SU's are these?
From: KEschhofen@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:45:39 EST
I thought I would try this list also with a couple extra questions. The
consecus seems to be that these are from a VOLVO and HS6's but not a 100%
sure.

I received a pair of SU's with a TR250 I acquired. The carb bodies have the
following casting numbers: AUC1346 and the other AUC8490. Carbs appear to the
same and complementary (floats on the outside). The AUC1346 has a vaccum
hookup on the top of the body. Teh other is mssing this vaccum hookup. The
float tags are stamped with AUD209 (of course F&R).

When mounted on the intake the floats appear to be at an angle tilted toward
the engine. How can I compensate for this?

Also does any one know why one has a vaccum hookup and the other does not?
The vaccum hookup is pointing straight up on the front carb (AUD209F), on the
carb body between the dashpot and the intake manifold mounting. It is only
needed on one carb?

I was wondering whether to use these or go back to Strombergs? I understand
the HS6 is the preferred Carb. What performance can be expected out of these.

To use these carb I will have to resolve the thottle linkage to the 250
setup.

Thanks
Kevin Eschhofen