ZS Carb Leak

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: ZS Carb Leak
From: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 7:27:39 -0500
Hello All,
Restoration of my '74 TR6 is progressing well.
Engine is running, body is incomplete, but ready for final paint later this
month.  Then, the interior, windshield, trim, etc, etc,....

Every week or so I run the engine for 10 minutes, fluttering the throttle to
keep the RPM variable.  Lately, noticed a few puffs of smoke out of one tail
pipe (has the Monza dual pipe system), lasting a few minutes.  Got poking
around and noticed the oil in the rear ZS carb damper had gone away.  I filled
it and after a few runs and a month, it is low again.

Think I found the oil leak (the exhaust smelled a little like 3-in-1, which is
what I used in the carbs).

Question is: What do I look for ?  And how do I fix this ?

TIA,
Stan