Ring gap

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ring gap
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:40:53 +0000
Hi all,
Thanks for the advice on the wrist pin bushes, there does seem to be
a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" opinion on that one. Next
question; In both my Haynes and Intereurope manual for the TR2 it
suggests the gap between the the ends of each piston ring when
inserted down the bore should be between .010" and 0.15" However in
the specifications of the Workshop manual it has .003". Now mine are
nearer the latter, but wonder if its O.K or should I open the gap a
little.
Regards
John
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)