Generator Pos to Neg Ground

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Generator Pos to Neg Ground
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:04:27 -0500
In preparation to starting my TR3A up for the first time in over 3
years, I want to first convert my generator from positive to negative
ground.  I understand the process to do this but want to be sure
I have it correct when no electrical are hooked up. Basically, I have
the battery. Can I run a ground wire from the negative terminal on
the battery to the chassis and put the positive battery cable on
the battery but not hooked up to the starter. Then using small jumper
wires, make the contact to the generator to change the polarity to
negative ground?

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA