Re: Starving Fuel on 72TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starving Fuel on 72TR6
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:48:05 EST
In a message dated 12/30/02 9:18:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fred@tr-ific.com writes:

> What I did after cleaning them out
> was to get a clear plastic fuel filter to replace the one under the
> hood,

It is normal for these filters not to appear full of gas.

I have one of these clear filters on my TR4A.
I had the car die up day, and when I looked inside the engine compartment, I
noted that the fuel filter was not full. This led me to believe that that it
was a faulty fuel gauge and I was out of gas. I could see gas in the tank,
but wasn't sure of the pick up. So I put more in a gallon. No luck, and I
didn't feel like pulling the fuel lines to check for flow. Checked the wires
to the fuel pump, seemed OK. So must be the pump. Out came the AAA Plus card.
My wife loves it when I return with a flat bed truck. I was just going out to
get fresh bread, three miles away. That was this morning.

Well, it was the grounding wire on the dizzy. The sputtering before it died,
was the wire connecting and disconnecting, not a lack of gas. Proves most
carburetor problems are electrical.

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A