RE: TR3A Leaf Spring Front Pin

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3A Leaf Spring Front Pin
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:31:31 +0000
> > The shop has
>> pointed out
>> several other suspension problems, both front & rear, & quoted
>> $5,000-$7,000
> > U.S. to fix it.

You could build an entire car for that money - as we say over here. "They're
taking the piss!"

A complete set of parts to rebuild all the suspension, front and rear,
shouldn't cost more than $1000 even in the USA, and I'd think you could do it
for half that dependent on what needs replacing

None of it is rocket science, and the most difficult part, I believe, is
getting the front springs out as they're difficult to compress without the
right spring compressor

We re-chassied my TR4 and the cost of new shocks, springs, bushes, discs,
calipers, shoes, bearings, stub axles, bolts, washers, etc, etc was hundreds of
pounds, not thousands

While you're at it, don't forget to replace the wheel studs on non-wire wheel
cars. They lead a hard life...

If you've got the room and the time I'd give it a go. It's just giant Meccano,
after all. But will need a set of Imperial spanners and sockets before you
start!