71 volvo overdrive? Yes or No?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 71 volvo overdrive? Yes or No?
From: "David Jacobs" <teer4@houstonians.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:01:02 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to all for their two pennyworth!
It appears some mods would be neccessary, but my
interest in this unit is merely to repair a
non-functioning unit installed on my 74 TR6. (Curiously
the dashpot piston, at least is missing, yet according
to previous owner O/d always worked and ever got worked
on!)
Problem is to get it  I must travel 1oo miles and buy
this complete non-running car (which I don't want) for
$300.
i have no idea if this is worth it, so would I be
better buying new, bearing in mind that I have no idea
what else might be missing or why in fact the missing
parts were removed.
Sorry to be so long winded, but like most of you. who
needs another junk car?