Semi-Sealed Beam Halogen Headlamp

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Semi-Sealed Beam Halogen Headlamp
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:37:28 -0000
Scott Suhring's query suggests these lamps with an extra parking light were
probably originally fitted to a car for export to Germany or Italy. Don't
know the current regs for vehicle lighting in those countries but I do
remember that in the '60's, Italy was adamant that any car registered in
that country had to have low power lighting in the headlamp assemblies in
addition to white front 'parking' liights. ISTR the Italiams weren't so
fussy about the dip pattern - it could be either right hand or centre. I
wish I had my specification books for world markets. These listed an amazing
permutation of fixtures and fittings to ensure the car complied with
national laws. Certainly, it covered 172 different export markets, the whole
Triumph model range - and it was updated annually!

Jonmac