GT6 Gearbox

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 Gearbox
From: "Alun Bain" <MPArun@minorplanet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:42:05 +1100
I have recently purchased a Mk3 GT6 and I have been told by quite a few people
that the gearbox is very weak.  can any other gearbox be used without too much
modification?  does the 2.5 PI/TC engine and gearbox fit in without much
trouble?  is it at all worth doing?  First gear is noisy and doesn't engage as
easy as it should, the other gears are fine and I want to get the gearbox
fixed but if there is an option to upgrade the gear box (and maybe the engine)
I would be interested to hear your thoughts...

Alun Bain - 1971 Mk3 GT6