Searching the list collective memory

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Searching the list collective memory
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:03:01 -0700
The list archives don't seem to be responding to searches today, so I
need to avail myself of the collective memory of the fuel injection
fanatics on the list.

Perhaps a year or more ago, someone posted a link to a UK site which was
offering a digital fuel injection conversion for PI engines. This
particular system used a speed-only system controller, a fixed fuel map,
and was very, very simple. It is not the Total Advance system to which
some have provided links. It used the existing PI manifolding and
hardware.

I'm interested to find this link because I've come to conclusion that
operating the PI mechanical injection system with a small single-board
computer driving a PWM stepper is going to be impractical--not because
the concept is unworkable, but rather, because creating the fuel map is
just too expensive. I've discovered, recently, that virtually all
manufacturers do their initial fuel mapping from data derived from
precise fuel use measurements of existing equipment on a rolling road,
for weeks at a time. I can buy the best programmable sequential
injection controller for a lot less than the cost of renting a chassis
dyno for that period of time.

I'm interested in this link because the kit producers had found an
injector which fit the PI manifold injector ports, and wanted more
information on those injectors. Sorry, can't remember a bit about a
company name, etc. Have been searching on Google off and on for a week,
using every combination of keywords I can think of, and haven't found
the link.

Anyone remember this conversion kit manufacturer?

Cheers, and thanks.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's within walking
distance.