Re: TR3's in the snow....

To: peb3@cornell.edu ("Philip E. Barnes"), Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3's in the snow....
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:45:32 -0500
Chip:

>>(geez, like over 30 years ago - that's a lot of moons) when I used my
>>faithful '58 TR3A to commute daily to college, I fitted a set of Firestone
>>Town & Country snow tires with studs to the rear wire wheels.  With a couple
>>of cinder blocks in the boot, it ran pretty well in the snow....

Phil:

>Yep, back when I was young and didn't know any better, my A-H Sprite was
>unbeatable in the snow. Funny how time changes your perspective...

1964-71: Triumph Herald 1200 convertible with oversize Armstrong "Norseman"
snows on the back (gave the car a kind of "rake" like the hopped-up '57 Chevies
so popular then). That Herald was amazingly good in snow as well, although one
25" snowfall did pretty much stop it. Next day it took us two hours to dig the
car out from where we'd had to abandon it at the end of the road to our house.
;-)

-Andy Mace