Carb adjustment question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb adjustment question
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:51:02 EDT
Question for those in the know (or those who have fumbled through this
before!).  Does the metering needle on the ZS CD actually have a "closed"
position that can be determined without opening the carb?  I'm using the
adjustment tool from Moss to adjust mixture but nothing seems to make a
difference in the ColourTune flame (stays white with occasional blue tint).
It appears that the mixture is too lean (raising the air valve causes engine
to die) but no matter how far I move the adjustment tool counter-clockwise,
it won't change the result.  I also noticed that if I raise the air valve and
hold the needle with my finger I can still turn the adjustment tool without
the needle moving. Do I assume the needle is stripped and should be replaced?
 Should I bite the bullet and go for a rebuild kit?  Or just have another
beer and try again?

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6