TR3 Rear Seal/PCV?

To: "INTERNET:bbrewer@qnet.com" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Subject: TR3 Rear Seal/PCV?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:39:25 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:bbrewer@qnet.com
>     My TR3A leaks oil out the rear seal at about a quart every 100 miles.
The
engine runs strong and I don't want to pull it just to change out the seal.

I've been wondering if using a TR4 setup for PCV might prevent the
crankcase
from pressurizing a bit and if that would assist in not blowing oil past
the
seal. Has anyone tried this and did it work? Should I just take the
coward's
way out and rebuild the engine right, fixing both the rear seal and the
blow-by
problem?
<

Bill, do you have the draft tube fitted?  If so you should not be building
up pressure.  If you don't then you need the PCV system or something like
it to purge excess pressure from the crankcase.

Dave