TR3 Rack & Pinion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Rack & Pinion
From: bbrewer@qnet.com -bs
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 00:10:39 GMT
     This winter's project is to replace my worn out cam & peg with a rack &
pinion conversion. I am looking at Revington TR's conversion and British Auto
Restoration (Ted Smith's) conversion.
     Revington brags about changing the Ackerman angle. Can someone tell me if
this is cool in a TR3? Ted Smith says his conversion leaves the geometry the
same. Good or not?
     Ted is good about answering emails. Revington TR hasn't answered my
questions yet, which concerns me...
     Can someone who has installed either conversion tell me what they think?
     I plan to order the conversion in the next few weeks.
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA
     1960