RE: TR6 Differential Removal and Inspection

To: "Pappin,Ian" <ianp@nait.ab.ca>
Subject: RE: TR6 Differential Removal and Inspection
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:48:01 -0400
Cc: "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Pappin,Ian"
>You raise a good point.  I'm refering to radial play.  I had ~3/4" radial
play that was enough to cause a "chunk" similar to one I have experienced
with bad u-joints. I do not know how much is allowable or would necessitate
a tear down of the diff.  I was just very happy to have eliminated the
obvious fluid leaks, eliminated complete failure (here's hoping),  and the
noise under power with the one fix!
<

Well, I'm no expert but a certain amount of radial play is normal.  3/4
inch (18 mm) sounds excessive, though.  But if there is any axial play
there is something seriously wrong.

Glad to know you got your's sorted out for less than a king's ransom.

Cheers  Dave