AC Fuel Pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: AC Fuel Pump
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:51:38 EDT
65 4A sputtered out and found fuel seeping out from where the upper half of
the AC fuel pump joins the diaphragm. Removed the top and upon examining
under the upper section found no retaining plate or screws as shown in my
Haynes or even threads for screws. The valves seem to be securely in place.
Do some of these pumps not have the retaining plate?
Haynes blowup shows no gasket between the diaphragm and the upper half of the
pump but there's one there and it's worn along parts of the edge - hence the
seepage. Why doesn't Haynes show this gasket? My plan now is to make a new
one and put it in. Any reason that's a bad idea?
Thanks.

Jim
65 4A
CT54531L