RE: Pic of a TR3a A-Piller

To: "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pic of a TR3a A-Piller
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:51:56 -0700
> Could someone do me a favour and if possible take a quick digi-pic of the
> A-post where the door hinges are mounted.  In particular I want to see how
> the weather stripping is mounted.  I think my mounting holes may have been
> filled and before drilling away I would like to get an good idea of how it
> should look.

David, take a look at pages N6-7 of the factory workshop manual (or pages
346-347 of the Bentley reprint).  They show the sealing rubber, and where to
drill holes for it, only one of which goes into the A-post.

If you don't have one of these, I strongly recommend buying one.  Original
factory manuals frequently show up on eBay for $20-30 in tatty, but useable
condition.  They are frequently advertised only as TR2 manuals, but there is
an appendix that covers the TR3.

Randall