Re: New troubling sound

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New troubling sound
From: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:39:44 -0700
True, but after recently putting in a new clutch or having chronic
clutch problems, I would not be surprised that he feels at wit's end
with the appearance of a new sound that is not supposed to occur with a
properly operating clutch. It may be an indication of a forthcoming
problem, like throw-out bearing failure. It might be squealing because
it is not spinning properly. I've had the same thing happen to mine
although it has "gone away" since my gearbox was reinstalled after some
gearbox repairs. If it comes back I will address the problem. In my
experience with the TR6, there is ALWAYS something wrong with the car,
and that is not such a bad thing if it is something different each
time, but chronic problems are irritating and frustrating and I feel
his concerns are valid.

Ryan
71 TR6