Re: TR4 front suspension blunder teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g8J6PXT24337

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 front suspension blunder teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g8J6PXT24337
From: Nyberg Peter <Peter.Nyberg@lio.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 8:26:04 +0200
I'm not sure about the TR4, but on the TR2 and the TR3, the fulcrum pin (the
thing that the control arms
or A-arms are attached to) is mounted to the shock absorber/spring tower
with 4 bolts.

The 2 bolts on the wheel side screw into threaded holes in the shock tower. The
2 bolts on the engine side have nuts inside the tower. My experience is that
these nuts are not welded to the tower.

I.E. when you try to unscrev the innermost bolts, the nuts in the tower will
rotate.
With the spring in place, I believe it's pretty hard to enter a socket
between the tower and the spring.

Am I right?

Peter Nyberg,
Sweden