Re: 1976 TR6 reupholsery kits -- who's is best?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1976 TR6 reupholsery kits -- who's is best?
From: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:56:08 -1000 (HST)
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:06:38 EDT, Mickylong@aol.com wrote:

>Eric,
>
>I just finished recovering/having my '72 seats recovered using a
TRF kit
>(came with the car so I can't claim I did research beforehand).  The
material
>seems fine, the foam kit that came with the recovering kit was
fairly
>complete if not easy to install.  The side bolsters, which shouldn't
be a
>problem with your 76 since the seat back is one piece, is what sent
me to a
>professional installer to complete the job.

I used TRF for carpet, panels, and seats for my 73.  I think
it came out pretty good, doing it all myself.  My biggest
problem was on the bottom sides of the backrest, where
the recline lever is.  There was a hard cardboard piece in
there which I replaced with masonite.

There wasn't any piece for the headrest (foam or covering) and
I have never seen any offered.

scott s.
.