It's not easy being Green

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: It's not easy being Green
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:29:40 +0100
On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, at around 13:35:34 local time, Don Spence
<dspence@oanet.com> wrote:
> I would have a hard time living with that car just because of the colour.
>Colour is very subjective and time sensitive. Remember all those fluorescent
>green chargers, roadrunners eyc from the 70's? Would you buy a new car that
>colour?  I've been pricing out 10-12 year old mercedes. Silver and gold are
>selling for 3-4 K more than appliance white. Class lasts. Fashion fades.

Boy, do we have different tastes!

Silver (well, it's really more of a dirty pewter colour, but that
doesn't sound so chic) is the current fashion for executive cars in UK,
and seems designed to date faster than Kajagoogoo.   (It also seems
deliberately designed to mimic the colour and sheen of tarmac roads in
the rain, with not-so-hilarious consequences.).   I *hate* silver cars.

Gold cars are only driven by drug dealers in early 1970s action movies
(the exception being Ford Zephyrs, which were driven by petty criminals
who aspired to being drug dealers).

White and green cars, of course, are true class... <g>

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 Appliance White Herald 1200 Convertible