Re: It's not easy being Green

To: M Brooks <mike@gsta.net>
Subject: Re: It's not easy being Green
From: Geoff Burns <gburns@directcon.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:14:19 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mike,
In 1976 and possibly 1975, Triumphs were available in a green silmilar to the
car
you sold, an orange and an electric yellow. Remember, this was the 70's with Get
Smart, Charlie's Angels, etc.

I was in Portland, OR last year and happened to stop by Monte Sheldon's
Jag/Volvo
dealership to see what jewels he had in his used car show room. There
side-by-side were a 1976 green TR6 and a 1976 yellow TR6. The clash between
those
two colors was enough to make you want to vomit. They were both marked $10 or
$12k, which was about right for their condition and mileage, but the salesman
admitted they weren't selling like hotcakes. Seems to me that Porsche has
similar
color offerings on their 914's.
Geof in CA  69tr6