Re: spin on oil filter adapter.

To: david.brister@wanadoo.fr, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spin on oil filter adapter.
From: "David Dressel" <daviddressel@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:21:54 -0500 FILETIME=[7673CFF0:01C25DCF]
David:

I have had every possible type of problem with spin-on oil filter adaptors,
so let me take a crack at this.

First, I am assuming that your oil filter canister head is the same
"purolator" filter that was fitted on the TR3's and TR4's.  If so, then "my
bolt with the female thread" isn't really relevant - you use nipple with the
hex bolt in between the two sets of threads (two sizes of nipples come with
the kit) - one end mounts the adaptor to your filter head, and the other end
accepts the spin-on filter.  Use one of the "o" rings that come with the kit
to seal between your filter head and the adaptor.  Then, you simply spin the
filter on the adaptor.  The only part that you use from your previous set-up
is the filter head (as mounted to the engine block) itself.

D.

David Dressel
Champaign, IL USA
'67 Jaguar Mk2 3.4 P180773