Re: TR3a question 2

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a question 2
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:54:30 -0700
David, this could be a timing issue - timing of the pushing in of the choke
that is.  I find that my car starts almost immediately when cold on full
choke, but as soon as it starts, I push the choke in a bit. As it warms, I
keep pushing on the choke, but generally I have it all the way in before it
reaches full operating temperature. Since the choke controls the mixture
during warm up, it seems likely that a mixture problem while the engine is
cold would be related to the choking action and you have control of that
from the cockpit.

As far as the choke fast idle being on the wrong hole is concerned, I don't
believe that will affect anything other than the idle speed.

Bob