RE: TR3a question 2

To: "'ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM'" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a question 2
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:10:09 -0400
Hmm, well that didn't help. I thought that based on the symptoms I was
having that it sounded like I was running lean.

When I start from cold she idles perfectly. I try and pull away from a stop
and through all of the rpm range I am getting hesitation, sputtering to
almost stall. I need to feather the throttle to keep from stalling.

This situation improves to almost perfectly smooth once operating
temperature is reached. At 3K rpm there is the occasional misfire that you
can hear.

I did have a problem where the actuator rod for the choke cam on the side of
the carb was in the wrong hole and was running on a little choke all of the
time. That corrected this is now the situation.

I am running a stock coil, point are set to .015". Platinum plugs set to
.025" gap. I run 92 octane gas and stock air filters.

Hmm could I really be running rich?  Should I try a test run with the
filters off to see if I am not getting enough air? What else can I try?

Thanks in advance
David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a
'74 Spitfire