Idle, Vacuum & Run On Valve...Oh No.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[84C4A9F0:01C25A80]
Subject: Idle, Vacuum & Run On Valve...Oh No.
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:19:14 -0500 cpqcorp.net>
Hi Guys,

My 74 TR6 has been running a little ragged at idle.

I noticed that if I remove the vacuum hose going to the charcoal
canister, there is no change in the idle.  However, if I block the hose
with my finger, the idle will smooth out and I can feel it drawing a
vacuum.

The wiring to the run on control valve was disconnected by the previous
owner, so it does not energize when the ignition is turned off and there
is oil pressure.

Is there any harm in just plugging the end of that hose, or removing the
hose altogether and plugging that hose port on the intake manifold?

Thanks,

Bill
Atlanta