TR8 Mystery Fluid!!

To: "TR8 List (tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu)" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "Triumph List (triumphs@autox.team.net)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR8 Mystery Fluid!!
From: Mike Madden <MMadden@samhealth.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:28:32 -0700
I am trying to identify a fluid that is collecting on the gasket/cover in
the valley between the cylinder heads, under the intake manifold on my TR8.
I have a single carb, 4 bbl. setup.

It is an amber colored, thin, clear liquid.  It has no smell.  It has a
slight slippery feel to it, but is not engine oil.  Because of the lack or
smell, I have eliminated fuel, coolant (no anti-freeze smell), engine oil,
and hydraulic fluid.  I'm running out of fluids to find.

Any ideas???

Thanks.

Mike Madden
1980 TR8