Re: Clutching

To: "John Summers" <trumpet@bellsouth.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutching
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:47:04 -0700
John,
I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions, but as far as I know, brake/clutch
fluid doesn't just disappear for no reason. You may need to add brake fluid
to make up for the extra travel as the pads wear, but this is gradual and
clutches don't have that far to wear.  So unless you can find a leak in the
lines, it seems logical that you have to rebuild/replace either the clutch
master or slave cylinder sooner rather than later and I've heard it
recommended to do both at the same time.
Bob