RE: TR 4 cyl engine miss - long

To: "'hansenc@zianet.com'" <hansenc@zianet.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR 4 cyl engine miss - long
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@anheuser-busch.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:40:28 -0500
Cliff,
Thanks for the reply! I think you may have something. One thing I failed to
mention is that I have stock air filters (new). Based on your response, I'm
going to try a run tonight without them to see if I can change the breathing
conditions.

Whether or not the conditions you describe are the cause of the problem, yours
is certainly an interesting and thought provoking reply.

Thanks again!

Mark A. Evans

1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO 'Tressy'
Acworth, Georgia - USA
mevans1@pigseye.kennesaw.edu

Cliff wrote:
<<<<
This is a long shot and there's probably no way of knowing if I'm right,
but:

You may have discovered conditions that set up standing pressure waves in
the intake manifold.  Under these conditions, your car is unable to breath
any faster, so you can't accelerate.

(The rest deleted for brevity-Mark)