Re: TR-6 Transmission installation

To: <pbitton@axess.com>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Transmission installation
From: "jack williams" <jackandangie@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:40:13 -0500
Cc: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I would do it myself. And if I were doing it myself, I would go down and
rent a transmission jack to help move it around. A transmission jack has an
adjustable frame that you can adjust to fit the transmission, and then it
has knobs to turn to adjust for forward/backward tilt and left/right tilt in
addition to up/down. It was the best money I've spent on tools for
installing a transmission. I had to pay a hefty deposit which was returned
when I brought the jack back, but I think I paid something like $15 for 8
hours, been a while and can't remember exactly.

Jack W.