RE: Rt angle speedo drive w/o 1:1 gearing?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rt angle speedo drive w/o 1:1 gearing?
From: January Williams <january@chemeketa.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:44:18 -0700
I chased down an A type this summer, I was actually looking for an annulus
for my 22/1712 which has 6 starts for a 15-tooth speedo drive. I found
several with 4 starts and 5 starts, only one with 6 which I had put on a
22/1711 unit that I got as a spare.
I don't know how much variation there is in the speedo gear take-offs or how
they tolerate to different start configs, but there are bits out there
January
66 TR4A CTC74217LO (soon to be reunited with the O/D)