RE: Tr3a wing mirrors

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tr3a wing mirrors
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:07:38 -0700 o m>
> For the North American cars was there a standard for the use of the wing
> mirrors? I see in Bill P's book, all 3 possibilities, 0, 1 or 2? Does it
> make a difference, was this a dealer option thing?

The cars were shipped with no mirrors (and AFAIK no holes).  As Andy said,
there were no requirements, so dealers added them more or less haphazardly.
My car has two convex wing mirrors, mounted roughly in line with the
hood/apron seam.  IMO convex is an absolute necessity with them mounted that
far forward, otherwise the field of vision is too small to be useful.

I like them there, they both add to the character of the car, and are quite
functional but people walking by the car have a real tendency to walk into
them.  Jonmac has told me of 'breakaway' wing mirrors available in the UK,
but I haven't pursued the subject.

Of course, I've never asked what other drivers think of my jumping out at
stop lights to adjust my mirrors <g>

Randall